Awards and Recognition
At AKAL Mortgages Inc., we understand that self-employed individuals and business owners have unique circumstances when it comes to securing mortgage loans. Because of tax write-offs, their documented incomes tend to appear much lower than they actually are which can create complications during the loan application and approval process.If you are self-employed, turn to AKAL Mortgages Inc. for help securing:
- A mortgage loan
- A loan for home renovations
- Financing for your other personal needs
- Debt consolidation
Although some business people see bankruptcy as a viable option to get out of a bad deal and regroup, lenders generally do not like bankruptcy. Nevertheless, some lenders will overlook this if there has been consistent and excellent credit since the time of bankruptcy.
- Prepared for higher interest rates
Lenders offer discounted rates to those that fit in the “box”. Those that are not conventional are seen as a risk and, therefore, are applied to a higher interest rate. There also could be lender fees attached to the mortgage.
- Offer a larger down payment
Lenders are somewhat handcuffed to the insurer when there is less than 20% down payment on a property purchase. But if you offer more than 20% down payment, depending on the lender, their flexibility increases and it is up to the lender or even the branch if they want to take you on as a client.
- As a last resort, you can do private financing
Even though it is an expensive option, it could result in the mortgage you are looking for. Rates are higher and there will be lender/brokerage fees. However, you could be in a private mortgage for 12 months or even less, whereby giving yourself time to improve your credit (if need be) or topping off a two year self-employed period to set yourself up to show STATED INCOME to the lender. The whole point of private financing is to use it as a short term solution for a long term plan.
We Offer To You
Easy Approval Process
Why You Should Choose
AKAL Mortgages Inc.
- When we say YES! We stand behind our promise
- Mortgage solutions based on your needs and qualifications
- Fast approvals and quick closings
- Save time and money
- Lower mortgage rates due to lender discounts and promotions
- Licensed, knowledgeable and experienced
- Protect your credit score
- The Most Important: Dedication to our agents!
- Bootcamp-3-days: Learn Lead Generation, Products and Underwriting
- Training: Weekly training and industry updates, One on one support
- Mentoring: Specialize in Residential, Business and Commercial
- Lead Generation: Proven successful campaigns to generate leads
- Personal website; mobile Apps; online virtual meetings, e-signatures
- Lenders: VIP access to more lenders and top tier compensation
- Professional office (at no cost to you): Meet your clients at the office