An individual who wishes to become licensed as a mortgage agent in Ontario must
- be 18 years of age or older,
- be a resident of Canada,
- have a mailing address in Ontario that can receive registered mail (not a post office box),
- be authorized by a Mortgage Brokerage to deal in mortgages,
- work for only one Mortgage Brokerage,
- meet the Mortgage Agent education requirements, and
- have a valid e-mail address (this is necessary for the application process).
Mortgage Agent Education Requirements
To meet the education requirements for a mortgage agent license, you must
- successfully complete one of the mortgage agent education programs that have been approved by the Superintendent, FSCO
- and apply for a mortgage agent licence within two years of successfully completing one of the approved mortgage agent education programs.
Mortgage Agent Education Programs
The Superintendent has approved the following mortgage agent education programs for licensing purposes. Programs are provided commercially, and tuition fees are set by each program provider. All of these programs were developed using the same curriculum, but different providers may use different formats, such as classroom, correspondence, online, or a combination. All of these approved programs include a course of study followed by a final examination.
To learn more about Mortgage Agent Education Programs.(Information courtesy of Financial Services Commission of Ontario www.fsco.gov.on.ca).